Welcome to the Newcastle District Billiards & Snooker Association Incorporated
The Association was formed in 1962 and incorporates clubs in the Newcastle District of New South Wales (Australia) including: Adamstown Club, Belmont 16′ Sailing Club, Cessnock Ex-Services, Kahibah Sports Club, Kurri Workers Club, Mayfield Bowling Club, Nelson Bay Community Club, Newcastle District Tennis Club, Toronto Workers Club, Wangi Workers Club, West’s Cardiff and West Wallsend Workers Club. We organise seasonal tournaments for Snooker & Billiards which includes 5 person snooker, 3 person snooker and Over 50′s snooker and Open billiards. You can view the current league tables, fixtures and results for each tournament from the links at the top. Should you wish to contact an Association Committee member please select from the Committee & Life Members Link:
Al Gore Finals start next week
Kahibah Kings (57 pts) vs Kurri Worker’s Club (54 pts)
Toronto Worker’s Club No.2 (51 pts) vs Wangi Worker’s Club (50 pts)
Venues to be confirmed ASAP
Wangi Worker’s Lake Classic Draw
Draw can be found here. Please adhere to the dress rules and attend the venue at least 30mins prior to your designated time.
The Wangi Classic is being held again this year after a successful tournament last year.
Click links for ‘Entry form‘ and ‘Full flyer‘.
Winner: Steve Miller (Pictured on Right) and Colin Wan (Left)
Congratulations Steve Miller – Winner Newcastle 6-Red Tournament
Well done to Steve after runner-up last year he has gone one better to win it this year. Colin Wan can hold his head high after wins against Chris Peterson, Craig Paul and Nathan Cox who also played well to reach the semis. Steve overcame Mal Kirkman 3-2 in the quarters and Grant Schubert 3-2 in the Semis before beating Colin 3-1 in the final. A special thank you to tournament hosts West’s Cardiff and to Luke Green who organised and ran a flawless tournament. For full results, click on the links below:
Reg Marsh, Al Gore, Bert Agland and Elwyn Jones Shield Winter Competitions
Draws can be viewed or downloaded from here:
Please note: New Competition changes effective immediately:
- The foul & miss rule will not apply to the Over 50 Rex Smith competition.
- In the Reg Marsh & Al Gore Shield’s, the maximum start a player will give/receive will be 40 points. Handicaps will still continue to go up or down for wins or losses but start will be capped at 40 points for all matches.
- Teams can submit that their name be changed from Adamstown No. 1 or Kahibah No. 2 to something like Adamstown All-Stars or Kahibah Kings. The Committee asks that 2 criteria be considered when choosing names: Firstly the parent clubs are ok with team changing their names and agreeable to the new name, and secondly – names be keeping with the professional image that we are trying to portray as a respectable sport.
- Member feedback – The Committee are keen to encourage feedback from members about the direction of Newcastle snooker. We would like captains to speak to their players about concerns, suggestions, or criticisms and either write, email, or speak to a Committee person to convey feedback.
- In order to streamline and offer alternatives captains can now take a photo with their smart phone of their results slips on the night and email or MMS to me on email@example.com or 0421337105. If you haven’t got a smartphone or prefer to keep mailing then just keep doing that but send to me, not Joy at: 5 Claremont Avenue, Adamstown Heights 2289. If you have emailed/MMS the results then no need to mail.
- The Committee would like to cut the red tape regarding substitution of players. If there have been a last minute cancellation and you can’t replace a player from within your own team then if you can use a player from the club’s second team just mark it as a substitution on the Results Slip. You no longer need prior approval but the remaining substitutions rules remain in place regarding number of times a player can be a substitute.
- I know we are just starting a new competition but two changes have been made to the finals matches. Firstly the ‘Mercy Rule’ will only apply in first frame of a match not the first and second frames as previously – Note this is for the finals only. In round matches the ‘Mercy Rule’ will apply in the first 2 frames per usual. Secondly – Only 2 matches will start at 7pm for finals nights instead of 3. The first 2 matches will be played to conclusion before the last 3 matches go on. This is to allow all team players to participate in the finals matches and will add to the atmosphere on the night.
Season High Breaks
Season High Breaks
|Reg Marsh Shield (5-Man)|
|Shane Matthews||Adamstown All-Stars||76||69||53||51||51||47|
|Ben Cooper||Tennis Club Titans||67||38|
|Greg Sumner||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||61||42||35|
|Phil Mowbray||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||61||33|
|Steve Briant||Adamstown All-Stars||52||39||37||31|
|Chris Mungoven||Adamstown Club No.2||48|
|Brad Main||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||44||40|
|Dale Mungoven||Adamstown Club No.2||43||37|
|Kiah Bloomfield||Tennis Club Titans||46||41||31|
|Jason Henderson||Cessnock Ex-Services Club||42||39|
|Troy Kear||Kahibah Sports No.1||39|
|Steve Boyce||Cessnock Ex-Services Club||37|
|Anthony Pritchard||Adamstown All-Stars||36||36|
|Craig Alley||Adamstown Club No.2||35|
|Luke Green||Mayfield Bowling Club No.2||35||34||30|
|Eric Bauer||Kahibah Sports Club No.1||32|
|Charlie Brown||Adamstown All-Stars||32|
|Mal Kirkman||Mayfield Bowling Club No.2||30|
|Al Gore Shield (5-Man)|
|Ray Farley||Kahibah Kings||58|
|Savio Pregal||Toronto Worker's Club No.1||49|
|Nathan Meyers||West's Cardiff No.1||45||33||30|
|Neil Meyers||West's Cardiff No.1||39|
|Michael North||West's Cardiff No.2||37|
|John Grigaitis||Toronto Worker's Club No.1||36|
|Ian Olson||Toronto Worker's Club No.1||36||35|
|Brett Dennett||Kahibah Sports Club No.2||36|
|Mark Toward||District Park Tennis Club No.1||34|
|Ashley Townsend||West's Cardiff No.2||30|
|Bert Agland Shield (3-man)|
|Michael Ashton||Nelson Bay Community Club||35|
|Jake Davis||Nelson Bay Community Club||31|
|Rex Smith Shield (Over 50)|
|Ian Olson||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.2||44|
|Neil Audet||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||43|
|Neil Meyers||West's Cardiff No.1||43|
|Dave Atkinson||Adamstown Club||41|
|John Gear||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||38|
|Greg Fell||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.2||36|
|Jay Firth||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.2||32|
|Steve Miller||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.2||31|
|Elwyn Jones Shield (Billiards)|
|Grant Schubert||Kahibah Sports||74||60||57||56||56||56||51||51||51||50|
|Greg Reynolds||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||57||38|
|Rory Masters||West's Cardiff||57|
|Joe Spiteri||West's Cardiff||57||53|
|James Baldwin||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||51||51||48||47|
|Savio Pregal||Wangi Workers Club||47|
|Mark Seymour||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||44|
|Dave Jenkins||West's Cardiff||41|
|Steve Miller||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||40|
|Daniel Bourke||Belmont 16' Sailing Club No.1||39||37|
|Dave Mackie||West's Cardiff||39|
|Craig Paul||Kahibah Sports Club||38|
|Michael North||West's Cardiff||37||32||31|