Welcome to the Newcastle District Billiards & Snooker Association Incorporated
The Association was formed in 1962 and incorporates clubs in the Newcastle District of New South Wales (Australia) including: Adamstown Club, Belmont 16′ Sailing Club, Cessnock Ex-Services, Kahibah Sports Club, Kurri Workers Club, Mayfield Bowling Club, Nelson Bay Community Club, Newcastle District Tennis Club, Toronto Workers Club, Wangi Workers Club, West’s Cardiff and West Wallsend Workers Club. We organise seasonal tournaments for Snooker & Billiards which includes 5 person snooker, 3 person snooker and Over 50′s snooker and Open billiards. You can view the current league tables, fixtures and results for each tournament from the links at the top. Should you wish to contact an Association Committee member please select from the Committee & Life Members Link:
Reg Marsh, Al Gore, Bert Agland and Elwyn Jones’ Shield Winter competitions start this week.
Draws can be viewed or downloaded from here:
Please note: New Competition changes effective immediately:
- The foul & miss rule will not apply to the Over 50 Rex Smith competition.
- In the Reg Marsh & Al Gore Shield’s, the maximum start a player will give/receive will be 40 points. Handicaps will still continue to go up or down for wins or losses but start will be capped at 40 points for all matches.
- Teams can submit that their name be changed from Adamstown No. 1 or Kahibah No. 2 to something like Adamstown All-Stars or Kahibah Kings. The Committee asks that 2 criteria be considered when choosing names: Firstly the parent clubs are ok with team changing their names and agreeable to the new name, and secondly – names be keeping with the professional image that we are trying to portray as a respectable sport.
- Member feedback – The Committee are keen to encourage feedback from members about the direction of Newcastle snooker. We would like captains to speak to their players about concerns, suggestions, or criticisms and either write, email, or speak to a Committee person to convey feedback.
- In order to streamline and offer alternatives captains can now take a photo with their smart phone of their results slips on the night and email or MMS to me on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0421337105. If you haven’t got a smartphone or prefer to keep mailing then just keep doing that but send to me, not Joy at: 5 Claremont Avenue, Adamstown Heights 2289. If you have emailed/MMS the results then no need to mail.
- The Committee would like to cut the red tape regarding substitution of players. If there have been a last minute cancellation and you can’t replace a player from within your own team then if you can use a player from the club’s second team just mark it as a substitution on the Results Slip. You no longer need prior approval but the remaining substitutions rules remain in place regarding number of times a player can be a substitute.
- I know we are just starting a new competition but two changes have been made to the finals matches. Firstly the ‘Mercy Rule’ will only apply in first frame of a match not the first and second frames as previously – Note this is for the finals only. In round matches the ‘Mercy Rule’ will apply in the first 2 frames per usual. Secondly – Only 2 matches will start at 7pm for finals nights instead of 3. The first 2 matches will be played to conclusion before the last 3 matches go on. This is to allow all team players to participate in the finals matches and will add to the atmosphere on the night.